Every year, nearly 600 million birds are killed due to collisions with building facades, with glass being the primary cause of the problem. Torstenson is now proud to offer a solution to this problem with the Avisafe “bird-friendly” glass product from Pilkington. The Avisafe product is designed to minimize bird collisions through an innovative UV-enhanced coating that disrupts the reflection of the glass, allowing birds to visualize a barrier and ultimately avoid contact with the glass.
- Highly durable UV coating on #1 surface
- Passes the WIN test with threat factor of 13
- Highly visible to birds with minimal aesthetic impact to the human eye
- Available as an insulated glass Unit with various thicknesses and makeups
- Sizes available up to 88” x 126” with vertical pattern orientation
- Existing buildings can be retrofitted with Avisafe bird-friendly glass
Considering making your building Bird-Friendly? Contact us today!